Friday, November 20, 2009

Dark Skinned Women Should love the skin their in....

Do men prefer light-skinned women?
http://africanpress.wordpress.com/2009/07/11/do-men-prefer-light-skinned-women/




After reading the article "Do men prefer light-skinned women"  has really made me wonder how African-American women think about themselves internally. Many women today are influenced by Media and feel as though they need to change their appearance on a consistant basis to get a man. One of the jaw-breakers that come to mind are the many similarities, yet few differences between light-skinned & dark-skinned women. Some dark-skinned females tend to feel like they need to "improve" their skin tone by using skin lighteners. I feel hurt because of being considered a dark-skinned woman, you should not only be proud of your skin but yourself as a person overall. Every individual has unique characteristics that set them apart from others and I believe skin tone should be the least of our worries. My favorite quote   is "When you love the skin your in, you attract the strong, the meaningful, and the powerful " 


Below is a  slide-show presentation of beautiful dark-skinned Sistahs!!!






Beautiful Dark Skinned Women Do exist...

5 comments:

  1. I PREFER INTELLIGENCE....PERSONALITY ETC....THATS WHAT MAKES ME LIKE A PERSON--- I DONT PREFER OVER ANOTHER-- NOR DO I LET IT CONTROL MY ACTIONS TOWARDS WOMEN.....I REMEMBER BEING CAUGHT UP IN THATT-- BUT ITS JUST CHILDISH TO ME...AND KEEP PEOPLE SEPARATED...AND OTHERS FEELING INFERIOR.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe no man will admit that they would perfer a lighter skinned woman over a woman that is of a darker skin tone. I think it has a lot to do with the media and what they portray on television to be beautiful! we are becoming more and more brain washed each day. As a female I would date any skin tone. I have noticed that dark skin men get looked at more in a positive way than a darker skinned women. Me being dark skin myself and having friends that are of a lighter skin tone I have experienced some hate from men. I wouldn't let what others think of me make me wanna change the way god created me. Everyones beautiful is different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. the media definantly portrays light as being "right". but if u look many different "darker skin" females have done great things...
    but beauty is within...no matter what you look like...
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i perfer to inside of a person, not the tone of there skin, but i like the slide show

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its sad that even black people discriminate against eachother regardin skin tones smh whether your high yellow or coal black, black is beautiful and I say embrace it

    ReplyDelete