Thursday, November 12, 2009

Conditions of Racial Inequality?

  The other day when I was in my Philosphy class, my Professor Mr. Petit displayed a list of Twenty Coniditions of Racial Inequality. He asked the class whether or not if they agreed with these conditions if so, why aren't there any changes to improve these conditions?   Some of the conditions consisted of  Poverty Rate, Unemployment Rate, AIDS Cases and Homicide Rate etc. I figured that many African Americans don't take the intiative or action unless it has an detrimental effect on their family.  Unemployment Rate is high among the African American Community because some settle for Welfare Services and feel like there is no hope because of their race. I believe that some changes could start from what is taught in the home like Morals, Values and Ethics, but the improvement of these conditions would not happen as quick as we would like.


Do you think there is any hope of changing these "Conditions"?
DO YOU AGREE WITH THIS LIST?


http://www.notsodeepthoughts.org/20-Conditions-of-Racial-Inequality.php 

2 comments:

  1. Those are some interesting numbers. Number 21 I believe ( the one talking about the 60,000 income of black people vs. the 30,000 income of white people)I'm not so sure about that one. I will have to do more research. My question is does that statement include when we send our children to college?

    CHECK MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I PEROSNALYY THINK PPL CAN FAKE...BUT PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS HAVE RACE RELATIONS..AND INEQUALITIES WILL ALWAYS EXIST

    ReplyDelete